11.21.2013

New style in the making


© copyright Alicia Padrón 2013

I always thought it would be fun to have another rendering style besides my signature style. I think some books or stories might call for it and also gives an illustrator a broader world to work on, don't you think?  :o)

Anyway, I've been experimenting and came up with this one that I really like! My plan is to create more illustrations in this technique and build a portfolio and slowly add it on my website. But this will have to wait until I finish with the books I'm working on right at the moment. Deadlines are looming, hehe!

How about you? Ever thought of adding a new style/technique to your work?


7 comments:

June said...

This is lovely Alicia. It is still 'your signature' in the artwork, but its outlines and clean colouring will work well for a slightly older age group than your softer style.

Well done for finding a 'new you' style that you are happy with :)

Alicia Padrón said...

Oh thank you so much June! This means a lot coming from you! :o)

I'm glad you like it! Yes, the outline and clean colors like you put it, could work for another audience. You are right about that.

I'm hoping to develop a "looser hand" with the outline as I practice and create more artwork.

Thank youuu! xo

Alicia Padrón said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley said...

I agree with June, Alicia. This is still your lovely illustration work, but in a different treatment. Wonderful! I've been experimenting myself..so much to explore and make decisions on..it's sometimes overwhelming! But I'm having fun :)

Alicia Padrón said...

Thanks Shirley! :o)
Yes, experimenting is fun!! I hope you discover something wonderful!

kristina feles said...

It is really lovely Alicia!!Like it a lot!!I agree it is probably nice for older children :o) Have a nice day!Kristina

Alicia Padrón said...

Thank you so much Kristina!! :)